100% Chitosan Haemostatic Dressing
- Sterile, ready to use
- Hypoallergenic no known side-effects
- Active on all sides
Based on patented, clinically validated a.c.t (Axio clotting technology)
|Composition||Chitosan - 100%|
|Indication||Stops severe bleeding|
|Mechanism||Mucoadhesion due to change|
|Material||Positively charged, reacts actively|
|Type||Sponge, natural polymer|
|Flexibility||Very flexible, both sides active|
|Sterility||Sterilized using Gama irradiation|
|Shelf Life||3 Years|
|Removal||Irrigate with saline|
Interventional Cardiology100% Chitosan Haemostatic DressingAxiostat® Vascular dressing is proven to be a very effective and efficient means of stopping bleeding during Vascular procedures when compared to traditional compression methods that can take upto 30 minutes
how to use axiostat
intended use / indication
Axiostat ® Vascular Haemostatic Dressing is a sterile, single use, non-absorbable haemostatic dressing intended to be used to control bleeding from vascular access sites while reducing ambulation time in patients who have undergone diagnostics or interventional endovascular procedures utilizing procedural sheath.
procedures (Radial Artery)
- Studying Hemostatic Effect of Axiostat® Dressing on Radial Access After Percutaneous Procedure (AHD). ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02837744.
- Chitosan enhances platelet adhesion and aggregation. Chou TC. et al. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications; 2003, 302(3):480-3.
- Effect of chitosan molecular weight and deacetylation degree on hemostasis. Yang J. et al. Journal of Biomedical Material Research: Part B, Applied Biomaterials; 2008, 84(1):131-7.
- Percutaneous microcrystalline chitosan application for sealing arterial puncture sites. Hoekstra A, Struszczyk H, Kivekäs O. Biomaterials; 1998, 19(16):1467-71.
- A comprehensive review of topical hemostatic agents: efficacy and recommendations for use. Achneck HE. et al., Annals of Surgery. 2010, 251(2):217-28.