100% Chitosan Haemostatic Dressing
- Sterile, ready to use
- Works on oral mucosal tissue wounds
- Active on all sides
Based on patented, clinically validated a.c.t (Axio clotting technology)
|Composition||Chitosan - 100%||Sterility||Sterilized using Gama irradiation|
|Indication||Stops severe bleeding||Shelf Life||3 Years|
|Mechanism||Mucoadhesion due to change||Use||Single-use|
|Material||Positively charged, reacts actively||Removal||Irrigate with saline|
|Type||Sponge, natural polymer||Side Effects||None|
|No. of units||80||Implant||No|
Dental & Trauma100% Chitosan Haemostatic DressingAxiostat® Dental variant, specially designed to control severe bleeding during dental procedures often difficult to reach, dental bleeding can quickly become uncontrolled and unmanageable.
Our smallest offering designed to optimally fit into the bleeding cavity.
how to use axiostat
intended use / indication
Axiostat ® Dental dressing is a sterile, non-absorbable haemostatic dressing intended to control oral bleeding during dental procedures.
Dental bleeding during
extraction, other dental
trauma & surgery
- Chitosan based Axiostat Dental Dressing following Extraction in Cardiac Patients under Antiplatelet Therapy. Sinha N. et al., International Journal of Oral Health and Medical Research; 2017, 3(5):65-67.
- Evaluating Effectiveness of Axiostat Hemostatic Material in achieving Hemostasis and Healing of Extraction Wounds in Patients on Oral Antiplatelet Drugs. Sharma S. et al., Journal of Contemporary Dental Practice; 2017, 18(9):802-806. ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03108365.
- The effect of chitosan (poly-N-acetyl glucosamine) on lingual hemostasis in heparinized rabbits. Klokkevold PR. et al., Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery; 1999, 57(1):49-52.
- Review of hemostatic agents used in dentistry. McBee WL., Koerner KR. Dentistry Today. 2005, 24(3):62-5.
- Clinical Application of Chitosan in Dental Specialities. Wieckiewicz M. et al. Mini Review in Medicinal Chemistry. 2017, 17(5):401-409.