Cardiac patients are often at high-risk of uncontrolled bleeding due to the blood thinners that are administered prior to catheterisation procedures.
Not any more. Axiostat® Vascular dressing is proven to be a very effective and efficient means of stopping bleeding during Vascular procedures when compared to traditional compression methods that can take upto 30 minutes
Axiostat® also eliminates the chances of re-bleeding after achieving haemostasis in vascular proceduresAvailable in multiple sizes:
V55, specially designed with measured thickness to stop heavy volume of blood during the interventional procedures
INTENDED USE / INDICATION:
Axiostat® Vascular Haemostatic Dressing is a sterile, single use, non-absorbable haemostatic dressing intended to be used to control bleeding from vascular access sites while reducing ambulation time in patients who have undergone diagnostics or interventional endovascular procedures utilizing procedural sheath.
Vascular Procedures continue to grow in numbers, warranting a safe & efficient method of stopping bleeding quickly.
|Variants||V55: 5cm X 5cm||Sterility||Sterilized using Gamma Irradiation|
|Composition||Chitosan – 100%||Shelf Life||3 Years|
|Indications||Stops severe bleeding||Approval||CE Approved|
|Mechanism||Mucoadhesion due to charge||Use||Single-use|
|Material||Positively charged, Reacts Actively||Removal||Irrigate with Saline|
|Type||Sponge, Natural Polymer||Side Effects||None|
|Flexibility||Very Flexible, both sides active||Implant||No|
|Ask for Demo||Click Here|
How to use?
Pressure – 3 finger technique
Dressing if necessary
How it workS?
- Chen L, Bracey AW, Radovancevic R, Cooper JR Jr, Collard CD, Vaughn WK, Nussmeier NA:Clopidogrel and bleeding in patients undergoing elective coronary artery bypass grafting. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2004, 128:425-431. PubMed Abstract | Publisher Full Text
- Englberger L, Faeh B, Berdat PA, Eberli F, Meier B, Carrel T: Impact of clopidogrel in coronary artery bypass grafting. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2004, 26:96-101. PubMed Abstract | Publisher Full Text
- 100 patient Catheterisation Lab study, CIMS Hospital, Ahmedabad, India
- Bellamy RF. The causes of death in conventional land warfare: implications for combat casualty care research. Mil Med. 1984;149(2):55-62
- Cbitosan Medical Dressings – Antoni NiekraszewiczInstitute of Chemical FibresJan/Dec 2005, Vol 13
- Chitosan preparations for wounds and burns: antimicrobial and wound-healing effects Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2011 July ; 9(7): 857-879
- Chitosan Modified Membranes for Wound Dressing Applications: Preparations, Characterisation and Bio- Evaluation Trends Biomater. Artif. Organs, Vol22(3), pp 158-168(2006)